From our friends at the National Parks Conservation Association . . .
We’re planning a summer celebration of Glacier National Park’s North Fork, right on the riverbank the morning of Aug. 24.
Sens. Jon Tester and Steve Daines together will welcome Canada’s Consulate General Marcy Grossman to commemorate a truly historic transboundary and bipartisan alliance, forever protecting the communities and culture of Waterton-Glacier International Peace Park.
Places such as Waterton-Glacier and the North Fork Flathead River Valley do not happen by accident. They are choices that we make together – choices such as the recent Canadian and US legislation that protects our North Fork heritage. Please join us to celebrate the priceless gift of many more summers on the river! We’ll bring the coffee.
Details and directions below…
Directions to Blankenship Bridge (for non-North Forkers):
- Enter Columbia Falls on US Hwy 2
- Turn north on Nucleus Avenue
- Turn Right at the “T” intersection, onto Railroad Street
- Continue 8.5 miles up the North Fork Road
- Turn Right on Blankenship Road
- Continue 2.4 miles to Blankenship Bridge
- Cross the bridge; parking is on the left