Several horrific bills were passed by the 2021 Montana Legislature that will harm wolves and grizzly bears! These include significant reduction of the wolf population through neck snaring, longer seasons, hunting at night with spotlights, larger bag limits, bounties, etc. These proposed changes are based on the angry emotions of a few legislators, and prohibit MT Fish, Wildlife & Parks (FWP) from being able to reasonably manage wolves and bears based on the best science available. The FWP Commission will be voting on these proposed detrimental changes in August. We have until 5pm on July 26 to get comments to our commissioners against these disastrous new laws. Please comment before July 26! In your letter, please recommend “Option 1—Limited New Tools.” For more information & online comment submission go to: https://fwp.mt.gov/hunt/public-comment-opportunities and click on 2021 WOLF SEASON. You can also email the individual commissioners at:
Montana Fish and Wildlife Commission members
- District 1. Patrick Tabor – Vice Chair. FWPDistrict1@gmail.com. (406) 250-2899
- District 2. Pat Byorth. FWPDistrict2@gmail.com. (406) 548-4830
- District 3. KC Walsh . FWPDistrict3@gmail.com. (406) 599-9556
- District 4. Lesley Robinson – Commission Chair. FWPDistrict4@gmail.com.
- District 5. Brian Cebull. FWPDistrict5@gmail.com.